– Advertisement – The Los Angeles Lakers are closing in on a trade that would see them acquire Oklahoma City Thunder guard Dennis Schroder. In exchange, the Thunder will receive guard Danny Green and the 28th overall pick in Wednesday’s NBA Draft, according to reports from ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski and The Athletic’s Shams Charania.- Advertisement – Schroder was one of the most impactful bench players in the NBA last season as he averaged 18.9 points, four assists and 3.6 rebounds.At one stage he had been tipped as a frontrunner for the Sixth Man of the Year award, which was eventually won by the Los Angeles Clippers’ Montrezl Harrell. Go inside the locker room and watch the Los Angeles Lakers’ celebrations after they were crowned NBA champions – Advertisement – 1:26 The 27-year-old has averaged a career 14.1 points, 4.6 assists and 2.8 rebounds across 496 games, 177 of which he started, having spent five seasons with the Atlanta Hawks prior to landing in Oklahoma in 2018.Green averaged eight points, 3.3 rebounds and 1.3 assists for the Lakers last season, becoming a three-time NBA champion following previous wins with the San Antonio Spurs and Toronto Raptors.The 33-year-old may not be the only departure in LA, with reports suggesting veteran point guard Rajon Rondo is set to decline his $2.6m player option in view of hitting free agency.He averaged 7.1 points, five assists and three rebounds in 48 games last season en route to his second NBA championship victory.Want to watch even more of the NBA and WNBA but don’t have Sky Sports? Get the Sky Sports Action and Arena pack, click here. – Advertisement –
May 17, 2007 (CIDRAP News) – A US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) advisory panel unanimously agreed Wednesday that FluMist, a nasal spray vaccine against seasonal flu, is safe and effective in children 2 years of age and older.The live-virus vaccine, which is manufactured by Gaithersburg, Maryland–based MedImmune, is already FDA-approved for 5- to 49-year-olds. The company has filed a supplemental biologics licensing application (sBLA) to expand its use to children younger than 5.In a 15-0 decision, the panel of outside experts supported the vaccine’s use for children 2 and older who do not have a history of wheezing. The FDA, which is expected to make a decision by the end of May, is not required to follow the panel’s recommendations.”The question remaining is how the FDA ultimately will rule on children under 2,” said MedImmune’s Chief Medical Officer Dr. Edward Connor, according to an Associated Press report.The panel voted 9-6 for the vaccine’s safety and benefits for children between 12 to 59 months without wheezing history and 12-3 against using the nasal spray in children between 6 to 23 months, according to a MedImmune press release.”The vote did demonstrate that there is a safety concern among a significant minority of the advisory committee,” Florence Houn, FDA deputy director of the office handling MedImmune’s application, told the Washington Post. “We do have to be careful about this respiratory adverse event profile and make sure we understand it.”A recent international study published in the New England Journal of Medicine showed children between 6 and 11 months who received FluMist had more hospitalizations and slightly more wheezing than those who got the standard vaccine, CIDRAP News reported in February. However, the same study, which was conducted in the 2004-2005 flu season, revealed 55% fewer cases of flu in the children who received the FluMist.CIDRAP Medical Director Kristine Moore, MD, MPH, said the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices recommends vaccination for children between 6 and 59 months because they have an increased risk for influenza-related hospitalizations and emergency room visits. Having a vaccine that is not a shot could enhance vaccination rates, Moore said.”It’s more tolerable to younger children,” she noted. “If FluMist is approved for this age-group, it would probably improve compliance to the CDC recommendation.”Currently only injectable inactivated vaccines are available for this group.FluMist vaccine has been on the market since 2003. It is effective against influenza A and B viruses; side-effects of the vaccine based on results from placebo-controlled clinical trials have included runny nose, sore throat, cough, headache, and chills.In January, the FDA also approved a refrigerated formulation of FluMist (previous formulations had to be frozen), which will be available for the 2007-2008 flu season, according to MedImmune.British company AstraZeneca is scheduled to acquire MedImmune in June in a $15.6 billion sale.See also:MedImmune Press ReleaseFeb 16, 2007, CIDRAP News story “Large study supports FluMist use in toddlers”2007 New England Journal of Medicine article [Abstract]
Advertisement Advertisement Comment Arsenal identify Dominik Szoboszlai as potential replacement for Aaron Ramsey Arsenal are considering a move for Dominik Szoboszlai (Picture: Getty)Arsenal are reportedly weighing up a move to sign RB Salzburg midfielder Dominik Szoboszlai.Aaron Ramsey left Arsenal on a free transfer to join Juventus this summer and Unai Emery has his eye on a number of players as he looks to fill the void left by the 28-year-old Welshman.The Gunners will only have around £45million to spend on reinforcements after their failure to qualify for next season’s Champions League and Emery hopes to add a midfielder to his ranks, as well as a centre-back, a winger and a left-back.According to football.london, Arsenal have identified Szoboszlai, 18, as a potential successor to Ramsey following the youngster’s impressive breakthrough season with Salzburg.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENTMore: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CitySzoboszlai scored three goals in 16 appearances as Salzburg won the Austrian Bundesliga for a sixth successive season.The £15m-rated teenager has also been linked with the likes of Juventus, Lazio, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund in recent weeks. Metro Sport ReporterThursday 20 Jun 2019 1:15 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link347Shares Arsenal are on the hunt for Ramsey’s replacement (Picture: Getty)Szoboszlai’s agent, Matyas Esterhazy, has played down speculation that the promising midfielder could be set for a move to England this summer.‘I can confirm a number of the top Premier League clubs are interested in Dominik,’ Esterhazy told football.london.‘But at this point I can not confirm or deny specific clubs.‘My client is focusing on his current club and the upcoming challenges of the next season both in the league and the Champions League.’More: FootballBruno Fernandes responds to Man Utd bust-up rumours with Ole Gunnar SolskjaerNew Manchester United signing Facundo Pellistri responds to Edinson Cavani praiseArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesSzoboszlai claims that others have compared him to Lazio’s Sergej Milinkovic-Savic and Real Madrid’s Toni Kroos.‘A lot of people say that my style of play is close to Sergej Milinkovic-Savic and Toni Kroos,’ the Hungary international said.‘It is a great thing to hear that.’MORE: Maurizio Sarri reveals what convinced him to leave Chelsea for Juventus
Talks between UK-based offshore driller Awilco Drilling and oil company Alpha Petroleum related to the hire of the WilPhoenix rig have come to naught but Awilco has found another operator interested in hiring the rig. Awilco received a letter of award from Alpha Petroleum Resources for the WillPhoenix rig back in September 2017. The rig was supposed to drill 18 development wells on the Cheviot field in the northern part of the UK North Sea, starting in the second quarter of 2018.The minimum contract value for the firm term of 1080 days was valued at around $126 million.In November, the start date was pushed to the third quarter of 2018 prompting Awilco to seek infill work for the period between this program and the end of the Apache contract, which expires in April.On Thursday, February 15 Awilco said that, following revisions to the project schedule, the letter of award from Alpha Petroleum Resources did not result in an agreed contract for WilPhoenix.However, Awilco Drilling has signed a letter of intent with an undisclosed operator for the provision of WilPhoenix. The program is expected to start around September 1, 2018, with an estimated duration of 450 days for an undisclosed dayrate.WilPhoenix is one of Awilco Drilling’s two enhanced pacesetter semi-submersibles and is equipped for drilling in water depths up to 1,200 ft. The rig is currently under contract with Apache.The company’s other rig, the WilHunter, has been cold stacked in Invergordon for a while now with no near-term employment prospects.Offshore Energy Today Staff
After defeating Connersville in the second round, the Batesville Freshman Boys Basketball team won the EIAC Tournament against Lawrenceburg on Wednesday, avenging their only conference loss from the regular season. The final score was 35-21. It was a great team win with a solid defensive effort for the Bulldogs. Batesville ended the season with a 12-5 record.Score by quarters:Batesville 12 18 27 35Lawrenceburg 6 9 14 21Scoring by players: Sam Voegele 18, Wil Freeland 6, Trey Peters 6, Mason Barker 3, Calvin Sherwood 2Score by quarters for Batesville vs ConnersvilleBatesville 12 24 28 38Connersville 5 9 20 33Scoring by players: Sam Voegele 15, Wil Freeland 13, Austin Cornn 6, Trey Peters 2, Mason Barker 2Courtesy of Bulldogs Coach Sean Boyce.
Clyde Perfect is best known as the developer of Perfect North Slopes, a ski area that has been in operation for 4 decades. This adventure has been quite successful despite some uncooperative winter weather.According to the Dearborn County Register, at the age of 78 Perfect was watching his cousin, Ron Potter, win the Little Brown Jug harness race. Now the 84-year old Perfect is in the horse business himself! He owns a male pacer named Ollie Pop who won a division of the Ohio Breeder’s Championship in 2014. He also owns a filly Zoe Ellason. This racer is a 4-year old and has won 13 of 41 races entering this season.The one-time brick layer and farmer has had 2 very successful ventures in the area of sports. Clyde has proven that you are never too old to start a new career. Besides beginning a new career at this age, he has been very successful as well.
Lane Oesterling had all the right stuff on Monday night for the Bulldogs, allowing zero runs and besting South Dearborn by a score of 10-0 on Batesville’s Senior Night. The four seniors for Batesville are Jayden Beal, Joe Bohman, Kyle Siefert, and Sam Wade.The Bulldogs got things moving in the first inning, when Quinn Werner singled on a 2-1 count, scoring one run.Batesville put up four runs in the fifth inning. The rally was led by a triple by Senior Joe Bohman, a single by Calvin Sherwood, and a groundout by Kyle Siefert.One bright spot for South Dearborn was a single by Ethan Getz in the fourth inning.Oesterling earned the win for Bulldogs, making him 4-2 on the year. He surrendered zero runs on two hits over six innings, striking out seven and walking one.Derek Williams took the loss for South Dearborn. He lasted two innings, allowing four hits and three runs while striking out two and walking zero.The Bulldogs scattered 11 hits in the game. Sam Voegele, Sherwood, Siefert, and Werner all had multiple hits for Batesville.With the win, the Bulldogs are 14-10 on the season and 6-7 in the EIAC. Batesville will complete the regular season this Thursday vs. South Dearborn.The Batesville Bulldogs JV Baseball team was again victorious beating South Dearborn by a score of 13-1 Monday evening.After Nate Eckstein shut down the Knights in order the Bulldogs scored 4, helped out by back to back doubles by Adam Cox and Lleyton Ratcliffe. However, most of their damage was done in the 4th inning when they scored 9 runs. Six different Bulldogs got singles and Nate Eckstein got a big two run double. The Bulldogs ended up with 11 hits leading the way in hits was Brayden Linkel and Lleyton Ratcliffe with two a piece. Adam Cox led the way with 3 RBI’s.Nate Eckstein was once again solid on the hill earning the win. He only allowed one run on 3 hits and struck out 3 batters in 5 innings of work. Eckstein improves to 4-1 on the year with a 3.34 ERA.The JV Bulldogs improve to 12-3 winners of 10 straight and their record against conference opponents is 8-3. They play South Dearborn at South Dearborn High School at 5:30 on Thursday.Courtesy of Bulldogs Coach Jason Meyer.
Press Association Gaudiano became the first international rider to win two classes at Liverpool, while just a fortnight ago he landed the London International Horse Show’s prestigious Longines FEI World Cup qualifier at Olympia. “I think this is a good moment for me in my career,” he said. “The horse is very fast, I know her well, and I know exactly when and where we can go quickly. “I will compete in Basle next, and then Leipzig. My aim now is to try to qualify for the World Cup final later this year.” ” I am really delighted,” Twomey said. “It’s an unbelievable show here, and I have got some happy owners and some happy children tonight. “It came off for me today. The Horse of the Year Show was Diaghilev’s last big event, really, but he has slotted straight back in, which is great. “He has a lot of power and scope.” Earlier in the day, Emanuele Gaudiano continued a run of Italian success in Liverpool by claiming the four-star speed class. And it meant that either Gaudiano or his Italian colleague Piergiorgio Bucci triumphed on all three days of competition. Gaudiano’s latest victory was on his New Year’s Day winner Cochshynsky, and it was delivered in comprehensive fashion. A time of 54.08 seconds proved beyond the reach of his rivals, with Britain’s William Funnell and Billy Angelo taking the runners-up position, almost three seconds behind. Fredricson finished third aboard H&M Sibon, and Twomey fourth on Ardcolum Duke. Twomey, who is based in Nottinghamshire, denied 60-year-old Yorkshireman John Whitaker a £15,000 top prize at Liverpool Echo Arena by coasting home on Diaghilev by 1.6 seconds. Whitaker, riding 2016 Rio Olympics hopeful Ornellaia, had to be content with second place in a time of 36.47 seconds, with Sweden’s Peder Fredricson taking third aboard H&M All In, while the remaining top six places, respectively, were filled by British trio Robert Bevis (Courtney Z), Robert Smith (Bavi) and Peter Charles (Stapleton Mist). Ireland’s Billy Twomey produced a commanding performance on the Equestrian.com Liverpool International Horse Show final night to be crowned grand prix champion.
Jaipur: The Indian Premier League franchise Mumbai Indians (MI) on Tuesday inducted former left-arm pacer Zaheer Khan as Director of Cricket Operations. The experienced Zaheer will be part of the Mumbai Indians think-tank.One of the pioneers of the knuckle-ball and known for outsmarting batsmen, Zaheer will bring close to two decades of his cricketing experience to his new managerial role for Mumbai Indians.Zaheer was part of the Mumbai Indians in IPL seasons 2009, 2010 and 2014. He has 29 wickets to his name from 30 outings for the men in blue and gold.Ahead of the IPL auction, Mumbai Indians have retained 18 players, continuing with its philosophy of identifying and nurturing young talents.While the likes of all rounder Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya and Jasprit Bumrah form the core of Mumbai Indians, the three-time champions outfit have also continued with Mayank Markande, Rahul Chahar, Anukul Roy, Ishan Kishan, Aditya Tare and Suryakumar Yadav.From the experienced contingent, Mumbai Indians have Kieron Pollard, Ben Cutting, Evin Lewis, Jason Behrendorff and the Kiwi pair of Mitchell McClenaghan and Adam Milne.Rohit Sharma will continue to lead Mumbai Indians. IANS Also Read: Sports News
ASUNCION: Ronaldinho and his brother Roberto Assis could be released from custody on August 24, the date when a judge is expected to ratify their plea bargain agreement. According to a report in ESPN, the judge, Gustavo Amarilla, who is responsible for the case, has set the date to review the terms of the agreement on Monday.Under terms of the plea bargain, Ronaldinho has agreed to a $90,000 fine and must report to a federal judge in Brazil every three months for two years. Assis has been ordered to pay $110,000 and will not be allowed to leave Brazil over a two-year period. IANS Also Watch: #Newsmakers: Sizal Agarwal, 112 Rank Holder, UPSC 2019 with Oineetom Ojah