Daily case reports are rising in 48 states, and with little action from the Trump administration, governors and mayors across the country are taking new steps to try to halt the spread. On Monday, a sweeping stay-at-home advisory went into effect in Chicago, and Philadelphia announced strict new rules starting Friday, banning indoor gatherings and closing indoor dining at restaurants.In California, which had been credited with getting the virus under control for a time, Gov. Gavin Newsom, a Democrat, said the state’s daily case numbers had doubled in the last 10 days, the fastest increase the state had seen since the beginning of the pandemic. The state reached one million known cases on Nov. 12, and the next day issued travel advisories. California’s governor announced Monday that the state is “pulling the emergency brake” on its reopening and reinstating broad restrictions, while Iowa’s governor reversed course and announced a mask mandate.The announcements came as the United States reported its 11 millionth confirmed case on Sunday, with one million new cases over the past week alone. The country is averaging 150,000 new cases a day and will probably reach 250,000 total deaths sometime this week.- Advertisement –
“Banks reported that the changes in standards and demand across loan categories reported for the first quarter occurred late in March as the economic outlook shifted when news emerged about the rapid global spread of COVID-19,” the US central bank said in its quarterly survey, referring to the respiratory disease caused by the virus.The latter half of March was when US states and local governments shut non-essential businesses and issued “stay-at-home” orders to limit the spread of the virus.Since then, such businesses have struggled to stay afloat, leading to actions by US lawmakers and the Federal Reserve to try and limit the fallout and stave off a wave of bankruptcies.The US Small Business Administration has processed over 3.8 million loans for more than half a trillion dollars since the launch of the Paycheck Protection Program on April 3, the government agency said on Sunday. The program is designed to provide forgivable, government-guaranteed loans to small businesses shuttered by the outbreak. Loan officers at US banks reported significantly tightening standards and terms on business loans in the first three months of the year as the coronavirus outbreak in the United States began to shutter large parts of the economy and millions became newly unemployed.The officers also said in the Federal Reserve survey released on Monday that there was greater demand for business loans from medium- and large-sized firms, but that business loan demand from small businesses was roughly unchanged.Banks reported tightening standards across all three consumer loan categories — credit card loans, auto loans, and other consumer loans – but saw weaker demand for them during the same period. The central bank said last week it would soon open its “Main Street Lending Facility,” with US$600 billion in loans available to companies with up to 15,000 employees and $5 billion in revenue.Since early March, the Fed has pumped trillions into US financial markets to try and keep credit flowing to businesses and households. It has launched numerous crisis-fighting programs, slashed interest rates to near zero and resumed large-scale asset purchases.US banks previously reported keeping loan standards mostly unchanged for many business loans and commercial real estate loans in the fourth quarter of last year.In tightening standards, loan officers cited a deteriorating or more uncertain economic outlook, a worsening of industry-specific problems, and reduced tolerance for risk.They also said due to the effects of the coronavirus outbreak they “were focused on existing clients rather than granting loans to new clients.”The Fed surveyed loan officers at 67 domestic banks and 22 US branches and agencies of foreign banks. Topics :
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Equinor consent to use the facilities on the Tordis and Vigdis fields, located in the North Sea off Norway, beyond the approved lifetime.Source: EquinorThe consent granted by the NPD follows the one granted earlier this week by the offshore safety watchdog, the Petroleum Safety Authority (PSA).The directorate said on Thursday that Equinor’s applications refer to the basis for continued safe and profitable operation of the fields after the consents expire in December 2019 and March 2024, respectively.Tordis has secured consent until December 31, 2036 and Vigdis until December 31, 2040. This means that the facilities will operate for a total of 34 years longer than originally presumed, the NPD noted.“Utilization of the facilities on Tordis and Vigdis beyond the original lifetime will contribute to increase value creation on the Norwegian shelf, and that’s good resource management,” said Arvid Østhus, Assistant director, Development and operations, Northern North Sea.Equinor is the operator of both fields, which are located in production license 089 in the Tampen area in the northern part of the North Sea. Statfjord, Snorre and Gullfaks are the closest neighbors.Tordis is developed with a central subsea manifold tied to the Gullfaks C platform. Seven separate satellite wells and two subsea templates are connected to the manifold. Vigdis is developed with seven subsea templates and two satellite wells which are tied to the Snorre A platform.Tordis has produced since 1994, and a subsea multiphase pump was installed in 2007 to increase recovery from the field. Vigdis started producing in 1997, and the plan is to also install a subsea multiphase pump on this field in 2020.Current licensees on both fields are Equinor, Petoro, ExxonMobil, Idemitsu Petroleum, and DEA Norge.Spotted a typo? Have something more to add to the story? Maybe a nice photo? Contact our editorial team via email. Also, if you’re interested in showcasing your company, product or technology on Offshore Energy Today, please contact us via our advertising form where you can also see our media kit.
LocalNews Health Minister defends decision to assign Chinese doctors to PMH by: – April 17, 2012 Sharing is caring! Share Share Tweet Share 28 Views 3 comments Hon. Julius Timothy.Minister with responsibility for health, Julius Timothy, has defended the government’s decision to assign four Chinese doctors to the country’s main hospital.Several citizens have raised concern regarding the Chinese doctor’s ability to properly communicate with Dominican patients and other staff members at the Princess Margaret Hospital with whom they will have to interact on a daily basis.The minister, who clarified that only one doctor has been approved and registered by the Medical Board, explained that the other three will be supervised by a specialist.He explained further that only one doctor was registered because the board was “satisfied” with the language communication and not because they were un-qualified as they “are all highly qualified for the job”.“The problem was in terms of communication whether they could communicate with patients in a way not to raise too much anxiety. As a result, the medical board registered one and we have three more doctors working with the hospital but they are not working alone. They are not registered by the medical board we’re treating them like interns so they’re working with the existing specialist to ensure that the proper service is given”.According to the minister, the Medical Board was “not satisfied” that the three doctor’s language competence was “adequate enough to deal with the patients so that they will deal with the patients but through a registered local doctor”.He said this arrangement has not posed “any difficulty at the moment, its well understood it’s a temporary period”.The doctors will be supervised and observed for “the next three months” until the Medical Board is “satisfied that their language competence is up to level,” after which they will be fully registered and able to work on their own”.Timothy said; the doctors have been on island “for a reasonable length of time” already and an additional three months should be adequate time for them to be able to speak English competently.He is confident “that based on what we have seen from them that they will be up to standards”.Dominica Vibes News
Marvin Fette, 82 years old, of New Alsace, IN passed away on Tuesday, April 2. Marvin’s pride and joy were his grandkids and he would stand proudly at each and every one of their events. Music was always on in Marvin’s house and he most likely listening to Merle Haggard or one of his other favorite classic country artists. Marvin also loved dogs including his best buddy Jack, his Yorkie/Jack Russell mix who is now being cared for by his daughter. Some of Marvin’s hobbies included collecting coins and making candles. He could make a candle centerpiece for any occasion, but he also had fun with some silly designs. If you knew Marvin, you knew he would put 100% of himself into anything he did.Marvin leaves behind his two loving daughters Janice (Nick) Hartman of Dover and Nancy (Duane) Weber of Sunman. He was an amazing Grandpa to six grandchildren Brittany (Greg), Alaina (Elton), Janel, Christopher, Morgan and Aaron and great-grandchildren Olivia, Caroline, and Gregory. He also leaves behind his sisters Rosemary (Gene) Galle and Mildred (Melvin) Meyer and brothers Russell Fette and Irvin (Eva) Fette. Marvin is preceded in death by his wife Doris and eight brothers and sisters.Visitation for Marvin will be held at Andres-Wuestefeld Funeral Home on Saturday, April 6 from 9:00am – 11:00am; rosary will begin at 9:00am. Mass of Christian Burial will be held at St. Paul’s Campus, All Saints Parish at 11:30am with committal service immediately following at Greendale Cemetery.Memorial can be made to All Saints groups Pax Christi and Ladies Sodality, and Masses.
Boys Area Basketball Scores Thursday (2-13)Batesville 58 Rushville 54The Bulldogs JV won 52-41.Batesville scoring- Alex Siefert 14, Cody Mohr 11, Calvin Sherwood 10, Cole Werner 10, Kasin Hughes 4, Eli Pierson 2, Nate Vankirk 1Connersville 59 East Central 39Lawrenceburg 66 Madison 63 (3-OT)Tuesday (2-11)Jac-Cen-Del 79 Southwestern Hanover 71Greensburg 89 Indian Creek 65South Decatur 93 Crothersville 64Northeastern 77 Union County 46
Failed to fetch Error: URL to the PDF file must be on exactly the same domain as the current web page. Click here for more info Failed to fetch Error: URL to the PDF file must be on exactly the same domain as the current web page. Click here for more info Failed to fetch Error: URL to the PDF file must be on exactly the same domain as the current web page. Click here for more info Failed to fetch Error: URL to the PDF file must be on exactly the same domain as the current web page. Click here for more info Failed to fetch Error: URL to the PDF file must be on exactly the same domain as the current web page. Click here for more info Failed to fetch Error: URL to the PDF file must be on exactly the same domain as the current web page. Click here for more info
Press Association The 28-year-old has been linked with a move to West Ham this summer, but their manager Sam Allardyce on Tuesday played down talk that such a transfer might happen. And Downing himself has now stressed his happiness with how things are going for him at Liverpool. The former Aston Villa man, who started all but one of the Reds’ Barclays Premier League matches from December 9 onwards last season, told www.liverpoolfc.com: “I’m here to stay. “I’m enjoying it – especially last season. I got a good run in the team. Hopefully that will continue, and I need to work hard. “I want it to continue. It’s why I came here – to play in a successful team. I want that to continue as long as possible.” Liverpool winger Stewart Downing has declared he is staying with the club.
Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on January 19, 2014 at 6:53 pm Contact David: email@example.com | @DBWilson2 It’s been an uncharacteristic two games for the Syracuse offense. C.J. Fair, averaging nearly 17 points per game, has scored just 25. Trevor Cooney, who’s shooting 41.2 percent from beyond the arc, has made just four of his last 13 3s.The pair managed just eight combined points in the second half of Syracuse’s (18-0, 5-0 Atlantic Coast) 59-54 win against Pittsburgh (16-2, 4-1) on Saturday in the Carrier Dome. In their place was a 16-point day for Tyler Ennis — he scored 12 earlier in the week against Boston College — and Rakeem Christmas, whose shooting percentage continues to climb up toward 75.“I’m just trying to stay big and take up space down low,” said Christmas, who went 4-for-4 against the No. 22 Panthers, “and then go up strong when I have a good look.”Fair rattled off seven quick points to start the game, but finished with just 13 and went just 2-of-6 from the free-throw line. Cooney added just six points with a single 3-pointer in each half.Late in the game, Syracuse turned to Ennis — averaging 11.9 points per game — for its most crucial buckets.AdvertisementThis is placeholder text“They’re playing Trevor and C.J. hard,” SU head coach Jim Boeheim said. “We’re trying to give him an opportunity where he can get to the basket. He just has a knack for doing it that’s as good as just about anybody that I’ve seen.”Cooney and Fair still managed to deliver some critical baskets for the Orange, though. The forward hit a 3-pointer early in the game to helped Syracuse establish an early lead. The guard hit a 3 early in the second half to stretch the Orange’s lead to seven before Pitt rallied to lead for much of the second half.As the two teams battled, Fair sunk a jump shot to give SU a 48-46 lead with 6:27 remaining, but he didn’t score for the rest of the game. Ennis took on that burden.“A lot of teams are going to pay a lot of attention to me and Trevor and then he’s making plays,” Fair said. “He’s making the defense pay for not helping off. If he can continue making plays like that it’s going to open up so much more things.” Comments