Tag: 黑龙江一品逍遥游

India extends nationwide lockdown through May as virus cases rise

first_imgSchools, places of worship, shopping malls, cinemas and gyms must remain closed, the ministry said, and bans on large gatherings for religious and sporting events will be extended.City metro train services and domestic and international air travel will remain suspended, it said. A night curfew restricting public movement, except for essential services, will be kept in place between 7:00 pm and 7:00 am. Restaurants however will now be allowed to operate their kitchens for takeaway services. Sports complexes and stadiums are permitted to host events — but without spectators.Inter-state and intra-state buses and passenger vehicles were authorized to operate, but with the discretion of states and territories.  ‘Growth prospects remain weak’ The dire economic situation has sparked a migrant worker crisis, as many businesses shut down when the lockdown was imposed.Jobless and hungry, many migrants fled the cities, some walking hundreds of kilometers. Dozens have lost their lives to accidents or exhaustion.Some of those stranded in urban areas have also clashed with police in a recent spate of protests as they clamored to be allowed to return home to their villages.On Sunday, five policeman and a journalist were injured in Rajkot city of western Gujarat state after up to 3,000 migrant workers clashed with officers when a special train to bring them home was cancelled. Twenty-nine people were arrested.Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman this week announced several stimulus measures, although analysts said they focused on easing the supply side of the economy.”Near to medium-term growth prospects remain weak in the absence of demand boosts,” Kotak Mahindra Bank senior economist Upasna Bhardwaj said in a note. Cases on the rise The third extension to the lockdown came as India recorded its biggest single-day jump in cases with 4,987 new infections in the last 24 hours.It took the total number of cases to 90,927 with 2,872 deaths.Health experts say infections may only peak in June or July, and have called for more testing to determine the spread of the disease.Earlier Sunday, India’s worst-affected coronavirus state Maharashtra, home to the financial capital Mumbai, extended its lockdown to end-May ahead of the national announcement.Maharashtra, with a population of 112 million, has reported 30,706 cases including 1,135 deaths.Mumbai — India’s worst-hit city — has 18,555 infections, and the pandemic has pushed its hospitals to breaking point.A city authority spokesman said Mumbai was considering turning Wankhede Stadium — the site of India’s cricket World Cup final triumph in 2011 — into a virus treatment facility.The conversion could happen if other facilities get overwhelmed with the onset of the monsoon, which usually starts around mid-June — and monsoon-related illnesses, although “nothing has been decided yet”, the spokesman said.There were some nationwide relaxations for industry and agriculture last month, while offices last week were allowed to operate with one-third capacity.Limited service resumed Tuesday on the country’s massive rail network. The National Disaster Management Authority said the restrictions would be updated “as necessary, keeping in view the need to open up economic activities” in Asia’s third-biggest economy while containing the virus.”India will not see the worst of COVID-19, like in other countries,” Health Minister Harsh Vardhan tweeted, adding that state governments had the flexibility to implement locally tailored measures.center_img India extended its coronavirus lockdown until the end of May on Sunday as it reported its biggest single-day jump in cases, but said some sectors would be permitted to open up to ease the economic pain.The lockdown affecting 1.3 billion people — the world’s largest — has been in force since late March and has been devastating for India’s poor, with millions of migrant workers losing their jobs.”Lockdown measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 will continue” until at least May 31,” the home affairs ministry said in a statement. Topics :last_img read more

Read More

Wolf Administration Previews 2018 Indiana-based Region Construction Season, Highlights Projects

first_img Infrastructure,  Press Release,  Transportation Zelienople, PA –  Governor Tom Wolf and Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) Secretary Leslie S. Richards today highlighted transportation investments as PennDOT announced that 107 highway and bridge projects are anticipated to be bid or continue this year across the five-county, Indiana-based region during this construction season.“We are continuing our much-needed investments in roadways and bridges across the state,” said Governor Wolf. “This includes heavily traveled and rural roadways alike, all of which are critical to moving goods and people.”Complementing the significant projects in the region, Governor Wolf recently reinforced the administration’s commitment to rural roads with new plans to improve more than 1,100 rural and low-volume roadway miles and rehabilitate or replace at least 85 municipally owned bridges over five years.“We are committed to our responsibility of maintaining safe, efficient travel,” Richards said. “We and our private-sector partners are working hard to support commerce and the public’s travel.”Today’s announcement was made at the Interstate 79 Project in Butler County during a work-zone safety media event. The department anticipates investing more than $331 million this year in the PennDOT Engineering District 10 region spanning Armstrong, Butler, Clarion, Indiana, and Jefferson counties. PennDOT anticipates rehabilitating, reconstructing, and resurfacing 129 miles of highways and improving 39 bridges this year in the region.“As our road system has faced a difficult winter, we look forward to the projects going to construction this year in our region,” said District 10 District Executive, Joseph P. Dubovi, III. “Our goal is to keep the roads as safe as possible for both our workers and the traveling public and we ask for patience while these important projects are underway.”Notable projects this year include:Armstrong CountyRoute 422 Wray Road cut roadway relocation project in Kittanning Township ($10.7 million);Kittanning Elementary School Intersection safety improvement project on Route 422 from Silvis Hollow Road to east of Graham Road in Kittanning Township (estimated $7.5 million to $10 million); andRoute 66 Oakland Cemetery Bridge replacement in Manor Township ($4.1 million).Butler CountyRoute 228 Cox’s Corner Roundabout project in Clinton Township (nearly $6 million);Route 422 Moraine State Park Access Project in Muddy Creek and Worth townships ($4.3 million);Concrete patching and resurfacing of over 15 miles on I-79 between Exit 88, Little Creek and Exit 105, Slippery Rock, in the townships of Lawrence, Jackson, Lancaster, Muddy Creek, and Worth (nearly $26 million); andRoute 228 Pittsburgh Street intersection improvements in Adams Township (nearly $8 million).Clarion CountyConcrete patching and resurfacing on I-80 for approximately 4 miles in Beaver Township ($19.4 million);Route 68 Dolby Street intersection project in Monroe Township (estimated $10 million to $12.5 million); andRoute 68 Reidsburg Bridge curve project in Monroe Township (estimated $2.5 million to $5 million).Indiana CountyRoute 119 Three Bridges project in Center Township ($15.2 million);Route 119 Grove Chapel climbing lane and realignment project in Rayne Township ($16 million); andRoute 422 Penn Run, North Harmony to Route 403 resurfacing project in Pine Township ($5.5 million).Jefferson CountyRoute 436 Margiotti Bridge replacement in Punxsutawney Borough ($12.6 million);Route 36 concrete repairs in Brookville Borough ($2.6 million); andRoute 119 Indiana Hill Bridge replacement project in Punxsutawney Borough (estimated $2.5 million to $5 million).As construction projects are underway in the region, the traveling public can anticipate seeing many work zones and are urged to keep in mind their safety and the safety of highway workers. When encountering a work zone, please drive the posted speed limit, turn on your headlights, pay close attention to signs and flaggers and avoid all distractions. In high traffic locations, motorists are encouraged to use both lanes of travel to the merge point and are to take turns merging into the open lane.For more information on projects occurring or being bid this year, those made possible by or accelerated by the state transportation funding plan (Act 89), or those on the department’s Four and Twelve Year Plans, visit www.projects.penndot.gov.Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information and access to more than 850 traffic cameras.511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional Twitter alerts accessible on the 511PA website.For more PennDOT information, visit www.penndot.gov. Follow local PennDOT information on Twitter at www.twitter.com/511PAPittsburgh. www.twitter.com/511PAErie, and www.twitter.com/511PAStateColl. Wolf Administration Previews 2018 Indiana-based Region Construction Season, Highlights Projects SHARE Email Facebook Twittercenter_img April 24, 2018last_img read more

Read More

Cadiao wants Antiqueños back to work, businesses to reopen

first_imgThis half proportion venue capacity also applies to salons, barber shops, other personal care services, food retail establishments, dine-in restaurants, and fast food chains. Cadiao further emphasized the value of business relations between Iloilo and Antique provinces. Moreover, Category III industries allowed to operate are financial services, Business Process Outsourcing offices, legal, accounting and auditing firms, scientific, technical and non-leisure services, and wholesale and retail establishments. “I was thinking we should really revive our economy. I want Antiqueños to go back to work and I’d like the businesses to reopen but with protocol, of course,” said Cadiao. Under the governor’s Executive Order 78, among those establishments permitted to operate for Category I include the agriculture and fishery industries, food manufacturing and food supply chains, logistics sector, health-related institutions, information technology and telecommunication companies, and media industry. “I want Antiqueños to go back to work and I’d like the businesses to reopen but with protocol, of course,” says Gov. Rhodora Cadiao. PIA The governor expressed her enthusiasm of wanting Antiqueños to return to work and for businesses to reopen as the local economy has been greatly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.center_img As for Category IV, the operations of establishments dedicated for amusement, gaming, fitness, and kids and tourism industries are allowed but at a maximum of 50 percent operational capacity. Meanwhile, only those hotels and other accommodation establishments that have been accredited as provided by law and relevant issuances of the Department of Tourism and the Department of the Interior and Local Government are allowed to operate. Industries belonging to Category II such as mining and other manufacturing industries, export and electronic commerce, delivery, repair and maintenance, and housing and office services were also given the go signal to open. According to the governor, Antique sourced its essentials from Iloilo as part of the trade, thus, border closure would “paralyze” the businesses in this province. (With a report from PIA/PN) SAN JOSE, Antique – More business operations and work-related activities are expected to resume as President Rodrigo Duterte has classified this province place as a low-risk area for the transmission of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), Gov. Rhodora Cadiao said.last_img read more

Read More