Celtic are chasing an historic eight consecutive Scottish Premiership title.Fresh from their treble success last season, Brendan Rodgers side begin their domestic campaign with a clash against newly-promoted Livingston. Getty Tottenham predicted XI to face Brighton with Mourinho expected to make big changes Rodgers is leading his side through Champions League qualifying gameday FOOTBALL LATEST Best clips, calls and talkSPORT moments of 2019, feat Hearn, McCoist and more ALTERED NEW ERA What time is kick-off?The season-opener takes place on Saturday, August 4.Celtic Park will be the venue for the clash and kick-off is at 3pm.Which channel can I watch it on?Unfortunately the match has not been selected to be broadcast live in the UK.Through Celtic’s in-house TV player, UK based customers will be able to enjoy an audio-only stream of the match, while those outside the UK can enjoy a video feed. Tottenham v Brighton LIVE: talkSPORT commentary and team news for Boxing Day opener possible xi What is the team news?Celtic have already made a number of appearances in the Champions League and are fresh from a 3-1 aggregate win over Rosenborg.Striker Odsonne Edouard has hit the ground running since making his move permanent and has impressed in the absence of Leigh Griffiths and Moussa Dembele.Livingston are back in the Premiership for the first time since their financial issues and have former Rangers favourite Kenny Miller leading their charge. 1 highlights How Chelsea could line up against Southampton – what system will Lampard play? How Man United could line up for Newcastle clash – will Pogba start? How Arsenal could line up in Arteta’s first official game in charge – Ozil return? who plays?
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppThe British have not responded to Caricom about the report of the fact finding mission. A report which has been sanctioned by Caricom leaders and one with its suggestions has been delivered to the UK.Admitted yesterday by Ambassador Colin Granderson leading the 6 member delegation here from Caricom, on a consultative mission. QUOTE. Hon Donhue Gardiner, acting Premier says nonetheless elected leaders are moving on the recommendations even though his government has not gotten any feedback from the UK either. The UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office has acknowledged receipt of the report since July; former governor Ric Todd would only confirm that they have the document. Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp
Venezuelan opposition leader and self-proclaimed acting president Juan Guaido gestures as he speaks during a press conference at the Venezuelan National Assembly in Caracas on 10 March. Photo: AFPOpposition leader Juan Guaido said Sunday he will ask Venezuela’s legislature to declare a “state of alarm,” authorizing the delivery of international aid in response to a catastrophic power outage that has paralyzed the country.At least 15 patients with advanced kidney disease were reported to have died since the blackout began on Thursday, as hospitals struggled to provide emergency services and the threat of spoiling food supplies put many on edge.”We must attend to this catastrophe immediately. We cannot turn away from it,” said Guaido, the 35-year-old leader of the National Assembly who in January declared himself interim president, triggering a power struggle in the oil-rich country of 30 million.He told reporters he is convening an emergency session of the National Assembly for Monday to declare a “state of alarm” and authorize the delivery of international aid.Such an action would set up another test of wills with president Nicolas Maduro, who last month used the military to repel an opposition bid to bring in humanitarian supplies from Colombia and Brazil.But Maduro vowed on Sunday he would not back down. “This macabre strategy to bring us to a confrontation will fail,” he wrote on Twitter.The Venezuelan health ministry also denied that the blackout had caused any deaths in public hospitals as reported.But the government announced that schools and workplaces would remain closed Monday as the power outages continued.Military stanceGuaido meanwhile called for more street protests Monday to pressure Maduro to step down.”You have the right to go into the street, to protest, to demand, because this regime is letting Venezuelans die,” he said, appealing to the armed forces “to stop covering for the dictator.”Guaido is recognized by more than 50 countries as Venezuela’s acting president, which have backed his calls for new polls, but the military high command has so far stood by Maduro despite a plummeting economy and deep discontent.In Washington, national security advisor John Bolton suggested members of the military were reconsidering their support for Maduro.”There are countless conversations going on between members of the National Assembly and members of the military in Venezuela, talking about what might come, how they might move to support the opposition,” Bolton said in an interview on ABC’s “This Week.”One reason the security forces have refrained from arresting Guaido, he said, “is Maduro fears if he gave that order, it would not be obeyed.”Electromagnetic attack?Maduro blames “imperialism” for the country’s accumulating woes, and claims the power outage was caused by an electromagnetic attack on the Guri hydroelectric complex, which supplies 80 per cent of Venezuela’s electricity.Guaido dismissed that explanation as “Hollywoodesque.” Critics blame the government for failing to maintain the power grid, as did the Lima Group, a primarily Latin American bloc.For ordinary Venezuelans, the blackout has piled misery upon an already agonizing day-to-day struggle to survive in a once prosperous country now reeling from hyperinflation and economic collapse.”Every day is worse,” said Edward Cazano, a 20-year-old who lives with his mother and three brothers in a poor Caracas neighborhood called Pinto Salinas. “We have the worst services in the world: no light, no water, sometimes no gas.”Hospitals with back-up generators were using them for emergency services, leaving patients to cope in the dark.”This has been horrible. Everything dark. Only some areas are operating with a generator,” said Sol Dos Santos, a 22-year-old whose daughter is hospitalized.Some isolated cases of looting were also reported in Caracas on Sunday.Dialysis patients at riskNo national data was available about the impact of the power outage, but an NGO said at least 15 patients with advanced kidney disease died after they stopped receiving dialysis treatments in darkened hospitals.Francisco Valencia, director of the Codevida health rights group, said some 10,200 people were at risk because dialysis units had switched off.Businesses remained shut, and public transport barely functioned.”I am very nervous because this situation isn’t being resolved. The little food we have in the refrigerator is going to spoil. How long are we going to endure this?” asked Francisca Rojas, a 62-year-old retiree in Caracas.The blackout has been one of the worst and longest in recent memory in Venezuela, which is already suffering from serious shortages of food and medicine due to the overarching economic crisis.
Kicking off the celebrations for America’s Independence day on fourth of July, the American Center will feature blockbuster movies in the capital. Organised in collaboration with Motion Picture Distribution Association (MPDA), India office, and Cinedarbaar, the American Centre will be screening Star Trek into Darkness,The Great Gatsby, After Earth and A Good Day To Die Hard from the beginning of July. The Annual Independence Day celebration at the American Center attracts large numbers of young Delhites. The week-long celebration will include interaction with U.S. Embassy officials and quiz contests on a number of topics including IPR, followed by a film screening. Also Read – ‘Playing Jojo was emotionally exhausting’While the United States of America celebrates its Independence day across the country with parades, fireworks, and backyard barbeques in honor of the 1776 Declaration of Independence, the capital joins in with these special screenings. Assistant Cultural Affairs Officer of the American Center, Natalia Susak says, ‘At the American Center, we are proud to mark the occasion this year together with the MPDA, India office and Cinedarbaar. We are bringing our audiences the latest blockbuster films. After all: a love for cinema unites the people of our two nations.’ Also Read – Leslie doing new comedy special with NetflixSharing his thoughts, Mr. Uday Singh, Managing Director, MPDA (India) said ‘We need to continue to encourage audiences to appreciate and respect creative works and a legitimate market place for films.’ From JJ Abrams’ explosive action thriller Star Trek into Darkness to John Moore’s riveting screenplay of a deadly plot in Chernobyl in A Good Day to Die Hard, the Independence day screenings offer you the best of American cinema this July.
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress party office in Contai was ransacked and some vehicles parked outside set ablaze by alleged BJP supporters on Tuesday evening.Suvendu Adhikari, the state Transport minister, stated that BJP supporters, after attending Amit Shah’s rally, ransacked the party office along with several nearby shops. Some bikes were also set on fire. There were long queues of cars on Contai bypass and the miscreants broke the windscreens of many of them that were caught up in the traffic jam. Also Read – Speeding Jaguar crashes into Mercedes car in Kolkata, 2 pedestrians killed”We do not believe in violence. Or else, we could have taught them a lesson. Such incidents are uncalled for and unfortunate. BJP is losing ground everywhere and such incidents reflect the nervousness of the party,” said Suvendu. He further added: “The BJP should first concentrate on defending its government at the Centre. The people of this country have already made up their mind to vote them out.” “They (BJP) should stop lecturing others on democratic values and people’s rights. Had they provided good governance, they would not have been voted out in three Hindi heartland states (Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh in the December Assembly polls)”, he said. Meanwhile, Trinamool MP Sisir Adhikari alleged that the CPI(M) supporters who have recently joined the saffron party were behind the Contai ransack. The TMC will take out a rally condemning the incident on Wednesday.
Google has launched its new Daydream View VR headset in five markets, along with Daydream and YouTube VR apps.The Daydream View headset and controller is available in the Google Store and via retailers in the US, Canada, UK, Germany and Australia and is compatible with any Daydream-ready phone – currently just Google’s new Pixel handset.Users can experience VR by opening the Daydream app, which will house a number of virtual reality services – including the YouTube VR app.YouTube VR lets viewers experience the entire library of YouTube videos on a ‘virtual big screen’ and experience “hundreds of thousands” of immersive videos.“We want to continue to provide you with new ways to engage with the world and with your community, and we believe virtual reality will play an important role in the future of storytelling,” said YouTube in an official blog post.“More than just an amazing new technology, VR allows us to make deep, human connections with people, places and stories. That’s why we’re committed to giving creators the space and resources they need to learn about, experiment with, and create virtual reality video.”Other Daydream apps available at launch are: Google Arts and Culture, which lets users enter a virtual gallery and view artworks from more than 50 museums; and a Google Street View, which lets users experience 150 of the world’s “most amazing places”.BBC Research & Development’s experimental The Turning Forest VR fairy tale also launches next week for Daydream. The VR story was produced by BBC R&D in collaboration with VR studio VRTOV and will be available for free.The Turning Forest was created as part of the BBC’s ongoing work exploring emerging technology and new storytelling mediums for future audiences.“Our goal with Daydream is to bring high quality, mobile VR to everyone. And this is just the beginning. There will be even more apps and games coming to Daydream in the next few weeks and even more Daydream-ready phones available over the next few months,” said Google.Google unveiled its new Pixel smartphones – the first devices that are compatible with Google’s Daydream virtual reality platform – early last month.The internet giant Google originally announced its Daydream platform at its I/O developer conference in May and said at the time that Samsung, Alcatel, Asus, Huawei, HTC, LG, Xiaomi, and ZTE will all launch Daydream ready smartphones.