Tag: 爱上海CW

Buyers drawn to Magnetic Island

first_img8 Boulder Court, Nelly Bay, is on the market for $2.2 million.More from news01:21Buyer demand explodes in Townsville’s 2019 flood-affected suburbs12 Sep 202001:21‘Giant surge’ in new home sales lifts Townsville property market10 Sep 2020Expected top sellers this year include 8 Boulder Court, Nelly Bay, which is on the market for $2.2 million.Numbers 19 and 20 The Cove, Nelly Bay, which are listed for $1.495 million and $1.65 million respectively, are also expected to be hot property as are 4/190 Apjohn St, Horseshoe Bay, listed for $850,000 and renovator 12 The Esplanade, Nelly Bay, which is listed for $650,000 and one of only five oceanfront properties available.“There’s definitely enough stock to meet demand but the thing with our island properties is that they are all different,” Ms Strens said. “No two properties are alike.” The Magnetic Island lifestyle was considered a huge drawcard. Picture: Zak SimondsSo far this year, 15 properties have sold for a combined total of $3.681 million with a number of contracts set to go unconditional over the next few weeks.Among those properties is 2/6 Terrace Place in Nelly Bay, with a Sydney buyer snatching up this luxury waterfront townhouse for a price in the high $600,000s.Offering 270-degree views over the marina and a private pontoon, the property represents the calibre of homes sought by investors. Magnetic Island.“The majority of those buyers are buying for the future so they generally use it for equity,” Ms Strens said.“We used to get tons of buyers from Melbourne because they like coming up here for winter but now we see more and more buyers from Sydney. “They chase good, quality properties that they can rent in the short term and they are not fussed about return in short term (as) they intend to retire there in the next five to 10 years.” Alex Strens from Best of Magnetic Island Realestate at 8 Boulder Court, Nelly Bay.Ms Strens, who facilitated the sales of three million-dollar properties last year, said investors had been making the most of the buyers’ market. “Last year we had a whole heap of premium properties selling on the island, mostly over winter because the island is a bit of a winter market,” she said. “I think we’re definitely set for another busy winter buying season ahead as, even over our quiet season, we had real consistency of sales but on the lower end of the market.” The northern side of Magnetic Island.UNMATCHED lifestyle and bargain prices are drawing buyers to Magnetic Island, with more than $21 million worth of property sold in the past 12 months.A total of 67 properties sold between May 2016 and April 2017 for a combined price of $21,252,000, with this number likely to be repeated over the next 12 months.While local buyers have contributed to the majority of sales over the summer period, agents are prepping for a southern buyers’ frenzy with winter the busiest time for investors, according to Magnetic Island sales specialist Alex Strens from Best of Magnetic.last_img read more

Read More

Eriksen won’t abandon Spurs

first_img Fifth-placed Tottenham take on league leaders Chelsea in west London on Saturday, amid a packed March schedule that will make or break their top-four ambitions. With Arsenal, Southampton and Liverpool to come before the month is out, Eriksen knows pulling off a coup result against Jose Mourinho’s Chelsea would be the perfect boost. Eriksen missed Denmark’s 1-0 England defeat in midweek with a back muscle spasm, but expects to be ready to face the Blues this weekend. “Recently I’ve been really satisfied with how it’s gone,” he said. “I think he (Sherwood) is more English in his style than Villas-Boas of course, you can see that in the way we play. “But for me it’s been good, for me personally I’ve had the chance to play, so of course it’s been great. “A win would show everyone that we are top-four contenders, it would show we are still in the race, that’s what we want. “If we want to get to the top four we have to win these games, and that’s what we’ll try to do. “If we win again it’s so close that anything can still happen. “Everybody still has the focus to push towards the Champions League, and hopefully we’ll get there. “I hope we’ve got momentum now, you only gain confidence from winning. “All that matters at this stage is the points, it doesn’t matter how you win, we saw that against Cardiff. “It wasn’t pretty, but we won. “But we still do also know we have to play better to beat Chelsea, or Arsenal, we know that.” Belgium defender Jan Vertonghen has hinted he would seek a move away from White Hart Lane should Spurs fail to secure top-level European competition next season. But Denmark’s Eriksen has refused to make similar threats, instead focusing on Spurs’ Barclays Premier League top-four push. The former Ajax playmaker believes Tottenham will prove their Champions League credentials if they beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge this weekend. “I don’t know how other guys are thinking, but I’m happy where I am, and hopefully we’ll get to the Champions League anyway,” he said. “I think it is important for the club, and the calibre of player that could come, or stay. “I think everybody wants to go to the Champions League. “I’ve tried it before at Ajax, and you see everything is bigger, the atmosphere, the TV rights, the people watching. “The Europa League is great, but the Champions League is what everybody wants, it’s the best place to play.” Eriksen admitted he is enjoying a new lease of life under head coach Tim Sherwood, ever since the departure of Andre Villas-Boas earlier this season. The 22-year-old is relishing a more pivotal role under the former Blackburn midfielder, and is keen to repay Sherwood’s faith. Christian Eriksen would not abandon Tottenham simply for missing out on Champions League football next season. Press Associationlast_img read more

Read More

Murray fit for Ireland opener

first_img Fit-again Sean O’Brien is fit to face the Italians if required, though Ireland may choose not to risk the combative flanker who is finally past 14 months of shoulder problems. Cian Healy remains in line to return from a long-term hamstring injury to face France in round two, with Johnny Sexton expecting the all-clear on Thursday for the Dublin clash with Les Bleus on Valentine’s Day. “Conor Murray trained well on Friday and he progressed to full contact training,” said Kearney. “He has seen a specialist, we had an open training session in the Aviva (Stadium) on Friday and Conor took a full part in that. “There was some minor contact in that session but he came through it really well, and we would expect that Conor would be available for selection.” Munster scrum-half Murray’s fitness will be a clear boost when Ireland launch the defence of their Six Nations crown against the Azzurri this weekend. Only last week boss Joe Schmidt was sweating on injuries to both front-line scrum-halves – Murray and Leinster’s Eoin Reddan – but now both could face Italy. Racing Metro fly-half Sexton will miss Saturday’s tournament opener as he completes his enforced 12-week lay-off after a string of concussions. Conor Murray has been passed fit for Ireland’s RBS 6 Nations opener against Italy in Rome. Ireland bosses expect the Lions playmaker to receive the all-clear in time to train fully next week, in a bid to return against France on February 14. “Jamie Heaslip continues to rehab his shoulder and we are hopeful that he’ll train fully tomorrow,” said Kearney. “I would say there’s probably some small doubt about him, but he’s recovered really well. “Jamie being the professional athlete that he is, he really does look after his body extremely well and would have worked on it over the weekend. “So I suppose the next day or two will tell a lot, but there would be a small degree of doubt about him, maybe, yes. “We are hopeful Cian Healy will return to full training at some stage this week. “Depending on how he goes this week, if he comes through some tests he will be allowed to train fully for the rest of the week. “I suppose if that happens with Cian, given the athlete that he is, I would expect that he would be in consideration for the French game, yes. “Eoin Reddan is making good progress from a knee ligament injury and we’re hopeful that he’ll train tomorrow also. Jonathan Sexton is seeing his neurologist in Paris on Thursday. “I must say he’s been in camp all last week, he’s trained really well, very focused, taking a full part except for the full contact. “So he’ll see his neurologist on Thursday, hopefully he’ll get a clean bill of health and it will be all systems go for the following week.” Wing Dave Kearney is expected to be fit for selection against Italy despite suffering a nasty shoulder injury in Leinster’s 20-20 Champions Cup draw with Wasps on January 24. Lock Mike McCarthy has not been ruled out of the Italy clash despite suffering a heavy concussion in Friday night’s Ireland Wolfhounds match, while Luke Fitzgerald has recovered from illness. Ireland team boss Kearney also confirmed flanker O’Brien came through the Wolfhounds clash unscathed. “Sean came through really well, he’s a little stiff and sore as you’d expect after his first game back in, what, six months and going straight into a pretty competitive international-type match,” said Kearney. “But he came through it really well, he’s in good form and he’s really happy to be back obviously in the mix.” The British and Irish Lions scrum-half has battled neck trouble for the last month but is back in full training and ready to start Saturday’s Stadio Olimpico clash. Ireland team manager Mick Kearney admitted “some small doubt” over number eight Jamie Heaslip, who is carrying a shoulder injury. Press Associationlast_img read more

Read More

Other Sports PV Sindhu, Saina Nehwal Aim To Avoid Early Exit In Hong Kong Open Badminton

first_img For all the Latest Sports News News, Other Sports News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. Hong Kong: Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty will look to continue their sensational run but the focus will be on P V Sindhu and Saina Nehwal as they seek to avoid another early exit, at the Hong Kong Open, starting in Hong Kong on Tuesday. The World No. 9 Indian pair has been simply outstanding in their last two outing as they finished runners-up at French Open and then made it to the China Open semifinals last week in men’s doubles. Expectations will be high from the Indian duo as they open against Japanese combination of Takuro Hoki and Yugo Kobayashi at the USD 400,000 meet.  For Sindhu and Saina, it has been few tough weeks as the duo made early exits from a series of tournaments since the World Championships in August. Besides the French Open quarterfinal finish, Sindhu, who had won the World Championships gold in August, and Indonesia Masters champion Saina have either lost in the first or second round. Last week, Sindhu went down in a three-game match against Taiwanese Pai Yu Po, while Saina lost in straight games to China’s Cai Yan Yan — both in the first round at China Open Super 750 tournament.  Interestingly, Saina will face the same opponent at Hong Kong and she will be itching to set the record straight against the world number 22 Chinese. Sixth seed Sindhu will square off against Korea’s world number 19 Kim Ga Eun in the opening round. In men’s singles, world number 10 Kidambi Srikanth, who has reached the finals at India Open and two quarterfinals at Malaysia and Singapore in April, will face the unenviable task of taming the two-time world champion and current world number 1 Kento Momota in the first round.Also Read | Satwiksairaj Rankireddy And Chirag Shetty’s China Open Badminton Journey EndsWorld Championships bronze medallist B Sai Praneeth, who had made it to the finals of Swiss Open Super 300, will open against third seeded Chinese Shi Yu Qi. Sameer Verma will lock horns with Taiwanese Wang Tzu Wei, while H S Prannoy will cross sword with China’s Huang Yu Xiang and Parupalli Kashyap meets Japan’s Kenta Nishimoto in the opening round. Among others, Satwik will pair up with Ashwini Ponnappa to take on Thailand’s Nipitphon Phuangphuapet and Savitree Amitrapai in mixed doubles. Ashwini and N Sikki Reddy will lead the Indian challenge in women’s doubles, while Pranaav Jerry Chopra and Sikki will fight it out in mixed doubles. last_img read more

Read More