Tag: 夜上海论坛DH

52 Coal Companies Among Norway Divestiture Sales

first_img52 Coal Companies Among Norway Divestiture Sales FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Stine Jacobsen for Reuters:Norway’s $863 billion (£610.3 billion) sovereign wealth fund, the world’s biggest, said on Thursday it had sold shares in 52 coal-dependent companies from its portfolio as part of a policy to fight climate change.A Reuters calculation showed the stakes sold were worth at least $1 billion at the end of 2014, before the fund started big divestments from coal. The biggest holdings included a $188 million stake in CLP Holdings (0002.HK).Norway’s parliament agreed last year to make the fund, built on revenues from the country’s vast offshore industry, sell out of companies that derive more than 30 percent of their turnover or activity from coal.The fund listed U.S. firms American Electric Power Co Inc (AEP.N), AES Corp (AES.N) and Allete Inc (ALE.N) among the firms, along with China Coal Energy Co Ltd (601898.SS) and Coal India (COAL.NS), the world’s biggest coal miner by output.Global coal producer Peabody Energy Corp (BTU.N), which filed for bankruptcy on Wednesday, was also on the list. The fund expects to exclude more firms from its investment universe amid the new rule.Full article: Norway’s $863 billion wealth fund bans 52 coal-linked firmslast_img read more

Read More

Ghana v Mali preview: Avram goes 4-3-3 for Eagles

first_imgGhana will go 4-3-3 against Mali later on Tuesday when they clash in a friendly international in Paris.The game in France comes after the Stars lost 2-1 to Senegal on Saturday.In his quest to make Ghana look pliable, Grant will try a more wing-based approach after going with a traditional 4-4-2 in Le Havre.“It’s a different target now to when in a tournament,” Grant said.“In friendly matches, you have a chance to try different situations and different systems…we will start with the 4-3-3 and see how it goes.”In Equatorial Guinea, the Stars mixed a fast-paced style centred on wingplay with the more traditional role. Ghana’s squad:Goalkeepers: Razak Braimah (Mirandes, Spain), Fatau Dauda (AshGold)Defenders: Harrison Afful (Esperance, Tunisia), John Boye (Erciyesspor, Turkey), Jonathan Mensah (Evian, France), Jeffery Schlupp (Leicester City, England), Gyimah Edwin (Mpumalanga Black Aces, South Africa), Daniel Amartey, (FC Copenhagen, Denmark)Midfielders: Rabiu Mohammed (Krasnodar, Russia), Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu (Udinese, Italy), Afriyie Acquah (Sampdoria, Italy), Solomon Asante (T.P. Mazembe, DR Congo), Christian Atsu (Everton, England), Mubarak Wakaso (Celtic, Scotland), Andre Ayew (Olympique Marseille, France), Frank Acheampong (Anderlecht, Belgium), Seidu Salifu (Club Africaine, Tunisia)Forwards: Jordan Ayew (Lorient, France), Kwesi Appiah (Crystal Palace, England), Ebenezer Assifuah (FC Sion, Switzerland), Richmond Boakye-Yiadom (Atalanta, Italy), David Accam (Chicago Fire, U.S.A) –Follow Gary on Twitter: @garyalsmithlast_img read more

Read More

Storage of radioactive waste blocked

first_img AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORE11 theater productions to see in Southern California this week, Dec. 27-Jan. 2The decision comes as the Bush administration and Congress are renewing their interest in nuclear power as one avenue to avoid reliance on oil from the Middle East. A broad energy bill Bush signed last summer provides incentives for building nuclear reactors, and last week the president declared the nuclear power industry an overregulated business that needs a jump-start from Washington. California Attorney General Bill Lockyer said the decision was a victory for California and residents in the shadow of the twin-reactor facility along the Pacific in San Luis Obispo, home to 45,000 people about 200 miles north of Los Angeles. “President Bush and administration officials make constant public statements about the terrorist threat,” Lockyer said. “Yet the NRC in this case concluded the danger of a terrorist attack on a nuclear facility is so minimal that the environmental effects of an attack did not have to be considered.” The Mothers for Peace group’s attorney, Diane Curran, said the lawsuit was not intended as a tactic to shutter the facility. SAN FRANCISCO – A federal appeals court blocked regulatory approval to store radioactive waste at a nuclear energy installation in Central California, ruling Friday that federal regulators must first consider the likelihood of a terrorist attack. The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, in the first ruling of its kind, disagreed with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission’s 2003 finding that an attack was “remote and speculative” and therefore the possibility needn’t be seriously considered. The challenge to the NRC’s permit allowing the storage of more radioactive spent-fuel at the Diablo Canyon nuclear power plant in San Luis Obispo County was brought by the local group, San Luis Obispo Mothers For Peace. The plant is building new stainless steel and cement storage facilities because the current waste repository at the Pacific Gas & Electric Co. site is filling up. The court said the regulatory commission could not justify its so-called “top to bottom” security review of the nation’s nuclear installations, while it simultaneously declared that the risk of a terror attack cannot be quantified, Judge Sidney Thomas wrote for the three-judge panel. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!last_img read more

Read More