The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
Former Indian captain Sourav Ganguly has criticised Team India on its disastrous showing in the Nottingham Test. Speaking exclusively to Headlines Today, Ganguly termed India’s show as the worst that he has seen in the recent past. “I have never seen such pathetic performance by India in the last 10 years. India had opportunities (122 for 8 and when India were 267 for 4), but they couldn’t make use of that. I don’t want India to bowl first as it is difficult to bat 4th. India’s batting has been very ordinary. You can’t win with 200-150. We have to score big to win,” Ganguly said. India lost the second Test at Trent Bridge in Nottingham against Engand by 319 runs on Monday. Ganguly added, “The team came here undercooked. They weren’t ready. Preparations were so poor for what is the Battle of the Year.” “Dhoni’s batting has been letting the team down. If he doesn’t score, the tail wouldn’t be able to. Look at how (Matt) Prior’s batting is helping the team. I will give benefit of doubt to Dhoni as of now. But time is running out for him,” the former captain said. Ganguly, who said it will be difficult for India to bet on Virendra Sehwag in the third Test, questioned Abhinav Mukund’s role in the team. “It will be difficult for Sehwag, but India have to gamble with him in Birmingham. What is Mukund doing? It’s strange Sachin Tendulkar hasn’t scored runs in four innings. But he looked good on Monday,” he said.advertisement
The fastest man in the world, Usain Bolt, has been challenged to a race for charity by Great Britain’s distant runner Mo Farah, but the race may take the sprinter out of his comfort zone.“It’d be great to be able to do a distance where people vote in what distance will be suitable, and then get a judge and then come in the middle with that distance and train for it,” said Britain’s Farah, who won the 5,000 and 10,000 meters at last year’s London’s Olympics. “Bolt, are you up for that? Come on, you got to do it.”With no one else to beat on the track, Bolt – who won the 100 and 200 in world-record time at the 2008 Beijing Games, then defended those titles at last year’s Olympics – is considering Farah’s challenge.“That sounds fun. It’s going to be hard, but for me it’s charity, so it’s just all about fun and enjoyment,” Bolt said. “For me, I’m up for anything if it’s possible.”The issue with this challenge is deciding on a fair distance. What would you consider a fair? Give us your opinion.
Facebook Mac Miller Dies At 26 Mac Miller Dies At 26 mac-miller-dies-26 The rapper who has spoken out about his struggles with substance abuse has diedAna YglesiasGRAMMYs Sep 7, 2018 – 3:38 pm Mac Miller, born Malcolm James McCormick, has died on Sept. 7 at the age of 26. He had just released his fifth studio album and was set to begin a tour in support next month.The rapper was found dead in his San Fernando Valley home earlier today, reportedly from an overdose. Miller has referenced his demons in his music, including his struggles with substance abuse. His 2014 Faces mixtape opens with him rapping “shoulda died already (faces)/Came in, I was high already.”In a recent interview with Vulture, he shared the challenge of being young and making mistakes in the public eye. He released his chart-topping debut album Blue Slide Park when he was just 20.”A lot of times in my life I’ve put this pressure to hold myself to the standard of whatever I thought I was supposed to be, or how I was supposed to be perceived… It’s annoying to be out and have someone come up to me and think they know. They’re like ‘Yo, man, are you okay?’ I’m like ‘Yeah, I’m [expletive] at the grocery store.’ You know?,” Miller said.The young rapper had just released his latest album Swimming on Aug. 3 and had a tour scheduled, beginning next month in San Francisco. Miller, who collaborated with many other big names in hip-hop and R&B including Anderson .Paak, Miguel and Kendrick Lamar, will be remembered through his music.Read more Email Twitter News
SwiggySwiggy FacebookLeading food delivery start-up Swiggy on Wednesday said it will open kitchens in four metros and partner with 300 restaurants-turned-delivery-only-kitchens to serve customers faster and expand the food delivery market across the country.”We will soon open our ‘access’ kitchens in Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, and Mumbai and tie up with about 300 restaurants turned into delivery-only kitchens in 10 cities to serve food faster,” said the city-based app provider in a statement.Through the initiative ‘Swiggy Access’, the company plans to help about 300 existing restaurants across 10 cities expand to more locations within 6-9 months through kitchens that will only deliver food and involve no heavy real estate investments.The platform is allowing restaurants to expand across cities through the project. A popular south Indian restaurant chain from Bengaluru, Vasudev Adiga’s, will now deliver to consumers in Delhi through the access kitchen.There is a deficit in restaurant supply in the country despite the mushrooming of new restaurants, according to the company.”Several parts of a city may not have the restaurants and cuisines that a consumer wants, which these kitchens will make accessible,” a company spokesperson told IANS.By 2020, the company aims to spread the access kitchens across 30-40 cities in the country through tie-ups with hundreds of restaurants.”We believe that delivery-only kitchens will be the future of the restaurant industry. This initiative will enable this transition by rapidly expanding to more areas in tier-I and tier-II cities,” said the company’s Chief Executive of New Supply vertical Vishal Bhatia in the statement.The project of delivery-only kitchens began in Bengaluru in November last year, wherein 35 restaurants had expanded to new neighbourhoods.Founded in 2014, the Bengaluru-based food delivery platform claims to receive about 19 million food orders a month from across 40,000 restaurants in 27 cities that it currently serves in including, Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, Kolkata, Gurugram and Pune.After raising $210 million in June from multiple investment firms, Swiggy has so far raised over $460.
Former Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton looks at a USA Today newspaper carrying an article about US vice president Mike Pence that he used personal email while in office, during her flight on American Airlines to Laguardia airport in New York City, New York, US on Friday. Reuters photo A photo of former presidential candidate Hillary Clinton glancing at a newspaper headline about US vice president Mike Pence using private email has gone viral on social media, with thousands of people commenting on it.Pence and others involved in the Republican presidential campaign last year criticized Clinton’s use of a private email server during her time as US Secretary of State.Clinton was on an airplane traveling from Boston to New York on Friday when a fellow passenger snapped a photo of her glancing down at Friday’s USA Today newspaper front page headline “Pence used personal email in office”.Pence’s use of an AOL email account was first reported by the Indianapolis Star on Thursday. It said Pence used the account, which was hacked last summer, at times to discuss sensitive matters and homeland security issues while he was governor of Indiana.Pence said on Friday he had complied with Indiana laws in his use of the email account, and he had an outside attorney review his private email records and archive those related to state business.During the campaign, US President Donald Trump and Pence said Clinton’s use of a private server broke the law and endangered national security – complaints that led their supporters to chant “Lock her up!” at rallies.The State Department’s internal watchdog said Clinton’s use of a private server broke department rules. The FBI reviewed her emails for classified material, but it found that no criminal charges were warranted.
The Delhi High Court on Wednesday asked top officials of the Delhi Development Authority (DDA), the South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC) and the Delhi Metro to be personally present in court to explain the work done by them to clean up Dwarka sub-city.A division bench of Justice B.D Ahmed and Justice Sanjeev Sachdeva summoned DDA’s chief engineer, Dwarka, SDMC’s chief engineer, DEMS, and Delhi Metro’s deputy general manager, civil, on February 25. Also Read – Company director arrested for swindling Rs 345 croreThe court’s direction came after noting that the agencies are not doing anything to make the area clear despite its directions.“We thought in this small area, you (various agencies) will so some work. But nothing is happening,” the bench observed. Ebbani Aggarwal, a law student and resident of Dwarka, who had filed a public interest litigation (PIL) told the court that the markets, roads, footpaths and open vacant land and other places in Dwarka sub-city were full of litter, filth, rubbish, solid waste and remains of construction material.
Kolkata: Passengers at Shalimar Station can now download a book or stream music of their choice, have an overview of their destination, or simply browse through news without interruption thanks to South Eastern Railway for making the station a free WiFi zone.The WiFi facility has been commissioned by RailTel, rendering free high-speed world class internet service to the commuters. “There is a rising trend of WiFi usage among passengers waiting at different stations of SER. Keeping this in mind, nine more stations under SER’s jurisdiction will have free WiFi connectivity within the current financial year 2018-19. The stations include Chakulia, Haldia, Tamluk, Dantan, Midnapur, Mecheda, Santragachi, Bagnan and Panskura,” a senior SER official said. Also Read – 3 injured, flight, train services hit as rains lash BengalSER has so far commissioned WiFi services at 14 stations enabling lakhs of rail passengers to log on to the free internet facility. Apart from Shalimar, the 13 SER stations that are already equipped with the WiFi facility are Kharagpur, Ranchi, Digha, Purulia, Hatia, Bokaro, Tatanagar, Rourkela, Jharsuguda, Balasore, Mahalimarup, Barabamboo and Tiruldih. Under Indian Railways, altogether 746 railway stations have been provided with free internet, proving to be very useful to the general public. Indian Railways has plans to extend this facility to at least 2,000 stations across the country in near future and ultimately covering all stations under the Union government’s Digital India initiatives.