“You’ve got to feel for Boo,” Villegas said. “But it’s golf. Those things happen.” Each player made par at the par-5 18th, the first playoff hole. Wilson’s was spectacular, coming after he drove his tee shot into the mud and scrambling to the green before making a 30-foot putt to keep him in contention. Wilson, 0-for-110 in tour events, also made a 45-footer to save par at the 16th hole – which, obviously, kept his hopes afloat. And Coceres – who lost a playoff to Fred Funk in Mexico at last week’s tour stop, the Mayakoba Golf Classic – had a birdie try that would have ended the tournament hit the lip and roll away. “I’m old. I’m 43,” said Coceres, who is 1-1 in playoffs on tour, and is the only member of the final foursome here to go to extra holes in a tour event. “I couldn’t see.” Weekley then made a 3-footer to earn his trip to the second playoff hole, and Villegas followed with a tap-in from about 2 feet – the final shot before play was suspended. European PGA Anton Haig won a three-way playoff with Richard Sterne and Oliver Wilson to win his first tour title at the Johnnie Walker Classic in Thailand. The three finished regular play at the Blue Canyon County Club on 13-under 275. The 20-year-old from Johannesburg knocked in a 3-foot putt for a birdie in the 18th hole shootout to win for the first time in 17 appearances on the European Tour. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! They never came. And he had to wait until this morning to get a shot at redeeming himself. Courtesy of Weekley’s miss on the final hole of regulation, he, Camilo Villegas, Mark Wilson and Jose Coceres – who all finished at 5-under 275 – went into a four-man playoff Sunday night, one that they couldn’t finish before darkness fell on PGA National. “I was shaking,” Weekley said. “I ain’t going to lie about it. I mean, I was shaking like a leaf. … I made a good stroke. I just hit it way too hard.” Play was scheduled to resume today at 5:30 a.m., with the foursome on the par-4 10th hole. With a 15-footer on the tournament’s 71st hole, the par-3 17th, Weekley took the lead and only needed a par at the last to get that win and the money. He reached the 18th green in three shots, tipping his cap as he walked up to acknowledge the long, loud serenade of “Boo.” The gallery made a much different sound moments later, when his putt slid past the left edge. Only 3 feet separated Boo Weekley from everything he’s spent the last decade chasing. A PGA Tour victory, the big winner’s check, a two-year exemption, all of them a mere short putt away. He pulled his putter back in the fading light on the 72nd hole of the Honda Classic in Florida, struck the ball and waited for the cheers to rain down.
A man has been arrested after he was caught with ten stolen mobile phones in Letterkenny.Gardai stopped the man as part of a routine patrol and found the stolen phones in his car on Saturday week last.When quizzed the man admitted stealing the phones from patrons in a pub earlier in the night. Some of the phones had been reported stolen but some had not.A Garda spokesman said “The man was stopped as part of a routine patrol and found with ten phones.“All the phones had been taken from the same premises on the same night.”The man is expected to appear at a future sitting of the courts. Man arrested after 10 phones stolen from Letterkenny pub was last modified: March 6th, 2019 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalGardailetterkennyphonesstolen
26 March 2010 Approximately 500 general health practitioners from around Gauteng province have also indicated that their practices will be available as free testing sites. She added that Discovery and the government would discuss exactly how the money would be used. Testing facilities Health Minister Aaron Motsoaledi has encouraged all organisations in South Africa to contribute their efforts during the campaign. General Manger for new markets at Discovery Health, Penny Tlhabi, commended the Health Department for taking such an initiative. Their support will be through funding and free services during the campaign’s launch – pushed back from 15 April to a date soon to be announced – when millions of South Africans are expected to visit sites across the country to get tested for HIV. South Africa’s private healthcare sector has pledged millions of rands in support of the government’s new HIV Counselling and Testing (HCT) campaign. Tlhabi said the Discovery had decided to be part of the campaign in an attempt to mobilise its members to go for testing during the campaign. Discovery Medical Scheme has pledged R5-million for the campaign, with Life Healthcare pledging R500 000. They have also committed to support the training of health workers. “We are happy that the minister of health has taken leadership, and as the private sector we believe that this should have been done long ago, but we are happy it’s finally happening and believe that it will succeed,” Tlhabi said. ‘Taking leadership’ Other companies that have offered their support include Clicks and the Link Pharmacy Group. They have pledged to make 470 pharmacy clinics available for free testing throughout the entire campaign. Source: BuaNews
By: Caitlyn BrownPixabay[iPhone by fancycrave1, April 21, 2015] CCOThe use of apps has become fluent and an ingrained part of our technology use. Children know how to access and use apps before they understand how to use a television remote. We use apps to make lists, stay connected, check the weather predictions, navigate and avoid traffic, and to stay entertained. Apps are an integral part of our daily living now, allowing us to outsource information that generations before smartphones had to keep in their memory banks.Our dependence on technology (namely our phones and social media) has led to criticism regarding our ability to have fulfilling interpersonal relationships. On the flip side, technology has improved our ability to stay connected to those who are physically distanced from us for various reasons including deployment and TDY. The invention and use of apps, smartphones, and video calling has aided in families’ ability to remain in contact with their loved ones who are not within physical proximity to one another. The invention of the aforementioned has also added another element that can be of great benefit: support.Operation Reach Out was created by Military Community Awareness, Inc. (MCA). It is a smartphone app that aims to prevent suicide in military personnel, veterans, and service members. In addition to assisting those who are at-risk for suicide directly, it is also designed to assist those who are concerned about others who may be at risk.When service members return from deployment, some may reintegrate back into their lives with no issues or concerns. Others, especially those suffering from PTSD or other mental health concerns, may feel isolated or detached from their support systems for one reason or another upon their return. The app was created to mitigate these feelings of isolation and detachment by creating a support service to those who may feel they have no options.Operation Reach Out provides support, education, resources and help to its users. Regardless of the user, the app provides resources and online links to websites such as the Suicide Prevention Lifeline, Defense Suicide Prevention Office, MilitaryFamily.com and Military Community Awareness to name a few.The app encourages those who are at risk to provide the contact information of those closest to them in case they need to be contacted. It also provides a list of activities that encourage an individual to reconnect with those they feel closest to even though they may have isolated themselves from that person. These activities and suggestions can be rated so the app can be more intuitive to the user’s interests and needs.Additionally, this app provides over ten videos that provide empathetic and compassionate reminders to those who may be in crisis. The goal of the videos is to help the individual understand that the feelings they may be experiencing in the moment will pass and that all problems are solvable if given the time. If you are using the app for your concern about someone else, Operation Reach Out provides nine videos to help navigate questions to ask and how to phrase things when communicating with the individual at risk.Links for the app:For Android Users: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=suicide.prevention.app&hl=enFor iPhone Users: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/operation-reach-out/id478899653This post was written by Caitlyn Brown of the MFLN Family Development Team. The Family Development team aims to support the development of professionals working with military families. Find out more about the Military Families Learning Network Family Development team on our website, Facebook, and Twitter.
October 16, 2006 Arcosanti produce won many awards at this years Yavapai County Fair. Foundry staff Joan Lundell, among others, helped to set-up at the recent Fair. Arcosanti produce won many awards at this years Yavapai County Fair. Foundry staff Joan Lundell, among others, helped to set-up at the recent Fair. [Photo: Sarah Beth Kurzhals text: Rafael Carvao] Sarah Beth Kurzhals, the present Agriculture Manager, is collecting some of the Arcosanti produce for the fair. Vegetables and fruit from the gardens are served in the meals prepared in the Cafe, and also sold during farmers market in the Arcosanti cafe, once a week, for visitors and residents. [Photo: Sarah Beth Kurzhals & text: Rafael Carvao] On a beautiful night, in the Camp Gardens last week, all of the community had the pleasure to enjoy the good atmosphere and all home-made dinner prepared with the award winning produce grown in the Arcosanti Gardens. [Photo & text: Rafael Carvao]
ShareTweet “Thankfully, the occupier had a working smoke alarm fitted which alerted him to the fire. “This incident demonstrates the importance of having a smoke alarm fitted on every floor of your home and the need to test it once a week to ensure its working.”Anyone with information about those behind the arson attack is asked to ring detectives at Strand Road on the 101 number.Alternatively information can be passed anonymously to Crimestoppers on freephone 0800 555 111.Arson probe after man cheats serious injury in Derry flat fire was last modified: February 20th, 2019 by John2John2 Tags: “A man in his 40’s was rescued by firefighters and treated by ambulance personnel at the scene. All other people in the flats were accounted for.“Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the fire. “The incident was dealt with at 10.38 am. “The cause of the fire has been determined as deliberate. DETECTIVES in Derry have launched an arson inquiry following a fire at a block of flats.The Fire and Rescue Service say it received a 999 call to a fire in the hallway of ground floor flats on Glenabbey Crescent in Galliagh around 10 yesterday, Tuesday, February 19.A spokesperson said: “Three appliances attended the scene – two from Northland and one from Crescent Link Fire Station. Arson probe after man cheats serious injury in Derry flat firecrescent linkdetectivesFIRE AND RESCUE SERVICEgalliaghGlenabbey CrescentnorthlandPSNISTRAND ROAD